Nvidia GeForce/ION Display Driver 257.21 WHQL for Vista64/Win7
version x64 | windows
Name: Nvidia GeForce/ION Display Driver 257.21 WHQL for Vista64/Win7
Size: 130.35 MB
Category: Video & Graphic Cards
Size: 130.35 MB
Category: Video & Graphic Cards
|Rate this software:|
DescriptionThis is the first driver release from the Release 256 family of drivers (versions 256.xx to 259.xx). This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, and 400-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.
New in Version 257.21
- Adds support for Blu-ray 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology.
- Increases performance for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs in several PC games.
The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured with GeForce GTX 480. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- Up to 14% in Aliens vs. Predator (1920x1200 noAA/AF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tessellation on)
- Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham Asylum (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF PhysX=High)
- Up to 5% in BattleForge (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Very High settings)
- Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 4% in Crysis: Warhead (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Enthusiast setting)
- Up to 24% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (1920x1200 no AA/AF)
- Up to 9% in Far Cry 2 (2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 25% in Just Cause 2 (2560x1600 no AA/AF - Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 7% in Metro 2033 (1920x1200 no AA/16xAF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tessellation on)
- Up to 40% in Metro 2033 with SLI ((1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tessellation on)
- Up to 8% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (1920x1200 no AA/AF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Day)
- Up to 110% in Stone Giant with SLI (2650x1600 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tessellation on, DoF on)
- Up to 6% in The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena (2560x1600 no AA/AF)
- Up to 9% in Unigine: Tropics (2560x1600 no AA/AF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ OpenGL)
- Up to 5% in 3DMark Vantage (Performance and Extreme Presets)
- Up to 19% with Transparency AA (1920x1200 4xTrSS Ã¢â‚¬â€œ measured in Crysis)
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0223.
- Adds support for OpenGL 4.0 for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs.
- Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Adds support for new extreme Antialiasing modes for 3-way SLI PCs, including up to SLI48x AA for GeForce 200 series GPUs and up to SLI96x AA for GeForce GTX 400 series GPUs.
- Adds support for a new Ã¢â‚¬ËœQualityÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ mode for NVIDIAÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ambient Occlusion control panel feature.
- Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations.
- Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel feature for ultimate control over CUDA GPUs, allowing the user to effectively choose which GPU will power each CUDA application.
- 3D Vision customers can download the v257.21 3D Vision drivers.
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver.
- Installs HD Audio driver version 22.214.171.124 (for supported GPUs).
- Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1.
- Supports the new version of MotionDSP\'s video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output.
- Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
Similar SoftwareLenovo ThinkCentre M58p Intel Q45 Display Driver for Vista64 8.15Toshiba Satellite L350 Intel Display Driver for Windows 7 126.96.36.1993NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro 188.8.131.52Asus P8Z77-M PRO Lucid Virtu Universal MVP Utility 184.108.40.20697HP Compaq nw9440 Mobile Workstation NVIDIA VGA Driver WHQL Dell Intel IvyBridge HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7 x64 220.127.116.1178Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H (rev. 1.0) Intel Display Driver for XP64 HP G62-130SL Notebook AMD HD Display Driver for XP 8.681.0.0 AAcer Aspire 5742 Notebook NVIDIA N12PGS VGA Driver 18.104.22.16897NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400/4400 Display Driver for Vista 22.214.171.12473Acer Extensa 5430 Notebook ATI VGA Driver 8.634 Biostar H61MLC Ver. 6.5 Intel Display Driver for Windows 7 x64 126.96.36.1992VIA VN1000 Display Driver 19.03.19h for Windows 7 x32 Biostar H61MLC Ver. 6.5 Intel Display Driver for XP64 188.8.131.5237Gigabyte X11 Notebook Intel Display Driver for Windows 8 x64